Dick Blackwell 15 Keys To Finishing Well (From May 17.2015 sermon at GCC. Of course Dick was more articulate than this; these are just my notes).
1. Embrace the gospel. Develop a strong, clear awareness of the reality of the gospel of Jesus Christ and specifically that it includes you.
2. Commitment. A strong, daily commitment to follow Jesus.
3. Confession. Being quick to repent of sin and mistakes (to God, others and self).
4. Discernment. Awareness of temptations and an ability to discern when the flesh is trying to lead you away.
5. Humility. Remain small in your eyes, but not insignificant.
6. Courage. We are to be unmovable; to have a stronger sense to continue especially when things get difficult.
7. Spiritual warfare. Be aware of it and respond appropriately.
8. Contentment. Learn to be content with who you are and what you have. Give thanks in everything.
9. Obedience. Be willing to do the right thing and whatever he (God) asks of you, even when it causes personal sacrifice.
10. Servant mentality. Who are you serving sacrificially? Willingly?
11. Christian disciplines. Bible study, prayer, fasting, tithing, church participation and membership.
12. Accountability. Who in your life can and will tell you the truth?
13. Character. Doing the right thing, especially when no one is watching.
14. Intimacy with God. Learn to hear the voice and promptings of the Holy Spirit.
15. Grace. Remember you weren't saved by your own ability and you can't continue by your own ability. God calls us, sustains us and keeps us. And yet, we also have a responsibility in this relationship.
Scriptures: Mt 13:1-9,18-23; Col 1:21-23; Gal 6:9; 2 John 8; Mt 24:4-14, Jude 24:25, John 10:1-18 ...